Looking for a pattern - queue to handle input from another system
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Darrin_Smith
Posted On:   Friday, December 17, 2004 06:34 AM

I have an application written in Java that communicates to another application written in MFC (VC++) via COM. The MFC application sends down requests (read this...draw that, etc.) to the Java application. So far everything has worked well but I feel that the load on the Java application is reaching a point where it cannot handle the data coming in from the MFC application quickly enough. My first though was to simply put a queue in on the Java app side and read from it via polling, but before I start on that, I thought that there might be a well established pattern and pseudo-code that I could use instead of rolling it all from scratch. Does anyone know of such a pattern? It would seem to be a fairly common problem.    More>>

I have an application written in Java that communicates to another application written in MFC (VC++) via COM. The MFC application sends down requests (read this...draw that, etc.) to the Java application.

So far everything has worked well but I feel that the load on the Java application is reaching a point where it cannot handle the data coming in from the MFC application quickly enough.

My first though was to simply put a queue in on the Java app side and read from it via polling, but before I start on that, I thought that there might be a well established pattern and pseudo-code that I could use instead of rolling it all from scratch.

Does anyone know of such a pattern? It would seem to be a fairly common problem.

Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact