I am making a proxy server using HttpURLConnection. But problem is in entering sites which require a user to login.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   bvd_java
Posted On:   Thursday, December 2, 2004 04:11 AM

I am making a proxy server. I have configured port and displayed requested page to client successfully. Now the problem is whenever a request is submitted from that page, my proxy server fails to make it fulfilled(e.g. a Login form in a page). For Example- I want to logon to some web-site say any forum / yahoomail, My proxy server program is not able to fulfill the request and an Exception Occurs that says- Server returned HTTP code 411. The 411 code stands for length required. How can I set that? Sometimes there is a FileNotFoundException and the page is resent as it was. I am not getting why the user entries in a form are not submitted? When I connect to the requested URL through a HttpURLConnection object, I am able to read the    More>>

I am making a proxy server. I have configured port and displayed requested page to client successfully. Now the problem is whenever a request is submitted from that page, my proxy server fails to make it fulfilled(e.g. a Login form in a page). For Example-
I want to logon to some web-site say any forum / yahoomail, My proxy server program is not able to fulfill the request and an Exception Occurs that says- Server returned HTTP code 411. The 411 code stands for length required. How can I set that?
Sometimes there is a FileNotFoundException and the page is resent as it was.
I am not getting why the user entries in a form are not submitted?
When I connect to the requested URL through a HttpURLConnection object, I am able to read the html code from that URLConnection's InputStream. Then, I redirect this html code to the client browser through OutputStream.
When a page with input form is invoked, the data entered by the user is not posted onto the server. I am unable to understand why this happens??
Also, please tell me what configuration I'd have to do or if any other classes which I can use for my purpose, then please tell me. Your expert comments & suggestions will be appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact