XSL HTML output of an a href from an XML document
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   peter_samsonite
Posted On:   Monday, November 1, 2004 03:32 PM

Hi, I am currently writting a HTML template engine using XML, a user will fill out my xml form, and I will generate an HTML document based on that XML file; however, I'm running into troubles when a user wishes to include a link in their story. for instance: This is my story, here is the link when I obtain this information using XSL it will bypass the a href part, now I know I can use escape characters if I want, but thats clumsy, I don't want the user to worry about that, I want some way to say "in the storytext tag, ignore any character that has special meaning, and just output it", and I don't know how to do it, any suggestions?    More>>

Hi, I am currently writting a HTML template engine using XML, a user will fill out my xml form, and I will generate an HTML document based on that XML file; however, I'm running into troubles when a user wishes to include a link in their story.

for instance:

This is my story, here is the link

when I obtain this information using XSL

it will bypass the a href part, now I know I can use escape characters if I want, but thats clumsy, I don't want the user to worry about that, I want some way to say "in the storytext tag, ignore any character that has special meaning, and just output it", and I don't know how to do it, any suggestions?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact