dcsimg
"ant -inputhandler" - has anyone made it work yet?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Patrick_Dockhorn
Posted On:   Monday, October 18, 2004 11:46 PM

I was trying to come up with a minimalistic graphical User Input Handler for ANT based on SWT as the existing solution within Eclipse requires Ant and Eclipse to run in the same JVM - not a good idea considering Ant's dealing with memory. I implemented a class that works on the command line, implements the InputHandler interface - but all attempts to persuade ant to actually use it failed. Ant simply terminates immediately as soon as I try to pass the "-inputhandler myclass" argument to it. I added all the required libraries/directories using the "-lib" argument, set the java.library.path property to point to the directory with the required native SWT DLLs on Windows - no luck. If an   More>>

I was trying to come up with a minimalistic graphical User Input Handler for ANT based on SWT as the existing solution within Eclipse requires Ant and Eclipse to run in the same JVM - not a good idea considering Ant's dealing with memory.

I implemented a class that works on the command line, implements the InputHandler interface - but all attempts to persuade ant to actually use it failed.

Ant simply terminates immediately as soon as I try to pass the "-inputhandler myclass" argument to it. I added all the required libraries/directories using the "-lib" argument, set the java.library.path property to point to the directory with the required native SWT DLLs on Windows - no luck.

If anyone has managed to use this ant feature within Eclipse successfully, I'd be very interested to hear about it. I am using Eclipse 3.01 with the inbuild ANT 1.6.2 on Windows.

Is there any way to get more debug output out of ant? I set the -verbose and -debug switches but there is no output generated at all in the Eclipse console' window.

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact