dcsimg
Clean Room JCE Provider does not work with Sun JSSE
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, October 7, 2004 08:07 PM

Hiya Earlier, I had written a simple HTTPS server prog that could handle SSL connection. Worked fine. Then I tried to install a clean room JCE provider from BouncyCastle and removed SunJCE. When I tried to run the HTTPS server prog again, I get the following nested error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/crypto/Cipher at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_i.a(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.CipherBox$JCECipherBox. (Unknown Source) ......... .......... At first I thought I had installed the provider wrongly. But when I did a Security.getProviders() inside the HTTPS server constructor, it indicated that bouncyc   More>>

Hiya

Earlier, I had written a simple HTTPS server prog that could handle SSL connection. Worked fine. Then I tried to install a clean room JCE provider from BouncyCastle and removed SunJCE. When I tried to run the HTTPS server prog again, I get the following nested error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/crypto/Cipher

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_i.a(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.CipherBox$JCECipherBox. (Unknown Source)

......... ..........

At first I thought I had installed the provider wrongly. But when I did a Security.getProviders() inside the HTTPS server constructor, it indicated that bouncycastle was already loaded. A call to Class.forName ("javax.crypto.Cipher") did not throw any ClassNotFoundException either.

Could it be bec Sun JSSE provider can only be run using SunJCE and not any other clean room provider? Or could it be bec of the version issue? I am using java1.4.2 with jce-jdk13-125.jar from bouncycastle.

Thank you in advance!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact