j2ee differences between linux and windows
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ben_Alexander
Posted On:   Monday, August 16, 2004 09:35 AM

Hello; I have a J2EE web app which I've devloped on a PC, and it works well enough. When I copy the app to my Linux box, however, something goes south. Whether I copy and the files and reconstruct the app with deploy tool, or simply copy the WAR file over, I suddenly lose the ability to reference all the files outside of the main servlet and JSP. Thus, my 'css' file is gone, as are my 'images files'. The problem seems to occur wheter I copy the war file direcly, or else copy the files over and formally redeploy. Of question are lines like: within my jsp, but I note that if I try to pull that css file back by referencing it directly with a URL from within my browser that I can't see the file that way, either.    More>>

Hello;

I have a J2EE web app which I've devloped on a PC, and it works well enough. When I copy the app to my Linux box, however, something goes south. Whether I copy and the files and reconstruct the app with deploy tool, or simply copy the WAR file over, I suddenly lose the ability to reference all the files outside of the main servlet and JSP. Thus, my 'css' file is gone, as are my 'images files'. The problem seems to occur wheter I copy the war file direcly, or else copy the files over and formally redeploy. Of question are lines like:

within my jsp, but I note that if I try to pull that css file back by referencing it directly with a URL from within my browser that I can't see the file that way, either. Any ideas appreciated. Thx, -ben    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact