dcsimg
Please Help: Is this an XML file or an XSD file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jay_earl
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 11, 2004 09:22 PM

Ok i've just done a 6 hour crash course on XML.. and i'm stuck. I have been supplied with an XML file that was generated using crystal reports, with this file I am wanting to display the content in a HTML table. First problem.. This file doesn't look like a Typical XML file.. from what i've been reading it looks more like an XSD file.. is it???? heres an extract of the first few lines <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - - - - - - - - Field26 DAEWOO DAEWOO - - -    More>>

Ok i've just done a 6 hour crash course on XML.. and i'm stuck. I have been supplied with an XML file that was generated using crystal reports, with this file I am wanting to display the content in a HTML table.

First problem.. This file doesn't look like a Typical XML file.. from what i've been reading it looks more like an XSD file.. is it????

heres an extract of the first few lines

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Field26

DAEWOO

DAEWOO

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Field22

RLF462

RLF462

So I've worked out how to display basic XML files in HTML and putting them into tables.. I just dont know how to call the data from this particular XML file... Usually you have to call the field in a
but i cant even tell which items in the XML file above are to be placed in the datafld="____"

I hope this post makes some sort of sense and someone could help me out on how to handle this.

<<Less

Re: Please Help: Is this an XML file or an XSD file

Posted By:   Vikash_Ranjan  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:45 PM

I think this is an XML file and NOT a schema, since a schema essentially contains an 'xs:element' tag since a schema defines the grammar for the XML file. e.g.

Its a simple XML file and if u know how to write an XSL, it should be cool stuff. I think since u have copied the XML file from some browser, you have the '-' preceding all the nodes.
About | Sitemap | Contact