"-[NSJavaVirtualMachine initWithClassPath:] cannot instantiate a Java virtual machine" message
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ettore_p
Posted On:   Sunday, August 8, 2004 02:26 PM

Hello, I am developing an application on Mac OS X 10.3.4 using Xcode. When I run the app from the IDE I get a weird message on stderror: -[NSJavaVirtualMachine initWithClassPath:] cannot instantiate a Java virtual machine The message seems harmless because the application works. It seems something related to Apple's implementation, but I haven't found anything on the related forums and lists. Did anyone experienced the same? I am using Xcode 1.1, and doing a java -version reports the following: java version "1.4.2_03" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_03-117.1) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-3   More>>

Hello,

I am developing an application on Mac OS X 10.3.4 using Xcode. When I run the app from the IDE I get a weird message on stderror:

-[NSJavaVirtualMachine initWithClassPath:] cannot instantiate a Java virtual machine

The message seems harmless because the application works. It seems something related to Apple's implementation, but I haven't found anything on the related forums and lists. Did anyone experienced the same?
I am using Xcode 1.1, and doing a java -version reports the following:

java version "1.4.2_03"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_03-117.1)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-34, mixed mode)

The application is using J2SE 1.4, Swing, AWT, and QuickTime for Java framework.
Any insights?

Ettore

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact