dcsimg
Apache/Tomcat 4/mod_jk Loses Session State
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jitendra_Mehta
Posted On:   Monday, July 26, 2004 12:57 PM

I have Apache 1.3.27 installed on two different servers: webserv1 and webserv2. I have installed Tomcat 4.1.27 on two different application servers: appserv1 and appserv2. Both Apache and Tomcat use mod_jk version 1.2.5. I have configured the workers.properties in Apache to load balance between the two Tomcat servers and set jvmRoute in server.xml. However, when a user attempts to access the site, it does not maintain the session and logs them off or becomes unstable. I can shutdown Apache on one of the web servers and everything works fine. How can I set this up with my current server configuration to maintain a persistent session on the Tomcat server until the user logs off the application. Here is my workers.prop   More>>

I have Apache 1.3.27 installed on two different servers: webserv1 and webserv2.
I have installed Tomcat 4.1.27 on two different application servers: appserv1 and appserv2.
Both Apache and Tomcat use mod_jk version 1.2.5. I have configured the workers.properties in Apache to load balance between the two Tomcat servers and set jvmRoute in server.xml.
However, when a user attempts to access the site, it does not maintain the session and logs them off or becomes unstable. I can shutdown Apache on one of the web servers and everything works fine. How can I set this up with my current server configuration to maintain a persistent session on the Tomcat server until the user logs off the application.

Here is my workers.properties on webserv1

worker.list=applserv,webserv1,webserv2

worker.applservtype=lb

worker.applserv.balanced_workers=webserv1,webserv2

worker.webserv1.port=19099

worker.webserv1.host=appserv1

worker.webserv1.type=ajp13

worker.webserv1.lbfactor=99

worker.webserv2.port=29099

worker.webserv2.host=appserv2

worker.webserv2.type=ajp13

worker.webserv2.lbfactor=1