Does RMI need a Remote Interface and why dont it funtion with a Client class and a Remote Class.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anbazhagan_Kanniyappan
Posted On:   Friday, July 16, 2004 08:55 AM

In RMI we hav a client class a remote interface and a remote class. actually client class 'n the remote class r going to interact. i.e. client will invoke a method in remote class. The procedure is---> Client Look up the Object Registry/RMI Registry Get the Object Handle which is the instance of the Remote Interface Using that instance we invoke the methods in the Remote class since the remote class implements remote Interface automatically the call goes to the method in the class. i think iam correct. my querie is why dont we hav a client class(not serialized) 'n a remote class(serialized) and no remote interface. we look up 'n get t   More>>

In RMI we hav a client class a remote interface and a remote class.
actually client class 'n the remote class r going to interact. i.e. client will invoke a method in remote class.

The procedure is--->
Client Look up the Object Registry/RMI Registry
Get the Object Handle which is the instance of the Remote Interface
Using that instance we invoke the methods in the Remote class
since the remote class implements remote Interface automatically the call goes to the method in the class.

i think iam correct.

my querie is why dont we hav a client class(not serialized) 'n a remote class(serialized) and no remote interface.

we look up 'n get the Object of the remote class (since it is Serializable) 'n invoke the methods in it directly.

wat is the main need for the Remote Interface(i know it is needed but iam not clear with it).

Pls clarify my doubt.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact