dcsimg
newbie questions
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   UML_Student
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:38 PM

I have started to learn UML and i have some basic questions 1 If a parent class has an attribute or operation specified private. what would a class derived from it be a child class it is can't inherit the private attributes or operation? 2 Isn't use case considered to be a dynamic view? 3) are concurrent states and AND states the same? 4) i have come across the statement a couple of times "The UML model tells what a system is supposed to do. It doesn't tell how" i thought the state diagrams, collboration diagrams do show how the system is supposed to do its task? I would appreciate the help    More>>

I have started to learn UML and i have some basic questions

1 If a parent class has an attribute or operation specified private. what would a class derived from it be a child class it is can't inherit the private attributes or operation?

2 Isn't use case considered to be a dynamic view?

3) are concurrent states and AND states the same?

4) i have come across the statement a couple of times
"The UML model tells what a system is supposed to do. It doesn't tell how"
i thought the state diagrams, collboration diagrams do show how the system is supposed to do its task?

I would appreciate the help

<<Less

Re: newbie questions

Posted By:   christene222_Tang  
Posted On:   Friday, July 23, 2004 02:34 AM

1. a child class will not inherit the method/behavior specified as private in parent's class.

2. use case is a dynamic view

3. N/A

4. i am not too sure but the statement that u been reading should be " The Use Case model tells what a system suppose to do.".....use case diagram tells what a system suppose to do, activity and sequence diagram tells u how it is done.....

About | Sitemap | Contact