Applet File access
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kurian_kurian
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 15, 2004 08:14 PM

Hi everybody, I am making an applet which will be written on to a compact disk. My problem is that how could that applet access a file present in the same folder in that disk. I have some basic idea about the java.policy file that I have to create in the client side. Please let me know if there is some other way, because I would be distributing that CD to many people and hence not feasible for me to create that file in every client's end (or is it possible? with the help of some batch file???). I want my applet to access only a perticular file in the CD which resides on the same folder as that of the applet. Right now I am getting a security exception - file access denied. Thanks a lot, Kurian   More>>

Hi everybody,

I am making an applet which will be written on to a compact disk.
My problem is that how could that applet access a file present in the same folder in that disk. I have some basic idea about the java.policy file that I have to create in the client side.

Please let me know if there is some other way, because I would be distributing that CD to many people and hence not feasible for me to create that file in every client's end (or is it possible? with the help of some batch file???). I want my applet to access only a perticular file in the CD which resides on the same folder as that of the applet.

Right now I am getting a security exception - file access denied.

Thanks a lot,

Kurian

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact