Tomcat4.1 on Windows98 not starting
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ghorain_kar
Posted On:   Thursday, June 3, 2004 05:37 AM

I am wroking on Windows98se. I donwloaded the jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.zip, and unzipped and placed it in the required folder under C:, that is C:foo and rename as tomcat. I mentioned the CATELINA_HOME to the folder where the tomcat4.1 resides and JAVA_HOME to the folder where jdk1.3 resides, that is C:jdk1.3 . The classpath has been set to the following : classpath=c:jdk1.3libclasses.zip;.;c:jdk1.3 in;.;c:foo omcatcommomlibservlet.jar; classpath=%classpath%.;c:jdk1.3libmail.jar;.;c:foo omcatcommonlibactivation.jar; I have also increased my initial enviornment of startup to 4096.. Now when iam running my Tomcat 4.1, i.e by typing startup from command prompt or double clicking the startup i   More>>

I am wroking on Windows98se. I donwloaded the jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30.zip, and unzipped and placed it in the required folder under C:, that is C:foo and rename as tomcat. I mentioned the CATELINA_HOME to the folder where the tomcat4.1 resides and JAVA_HOME to the folder where jdk1.3 resides, that is C:jdk1.3 .

The classpath has been set to the following :

classpath=c:jdk1.3libclasses.zip;.;c:jdk1.3 in;.;c:foo omcatcommomlibservlet.jar;

classpath=%classpath%.;c:jdk1.3libmail.jar;.;c:foo omcatcommonlibactivation.jar;

I have also increased my initial enviornment of startup to 4096..

Now when iam running my Tomcat 4.1, i.e by typing startup from command prompt or double clicking the startup inside bin folder created after increasing the enviorment variable, I see, first the following messages :

Syntax Error

CATALINA_HOME : C:FOOTOMCAT

CATALINA_BASE : C:FOOTOMCAT

CATALINA_TMP : C:FOOTOMCATTEMP

JAVA_HOME : C:JDK1.3

Then a new window opens, gives some scrolling errors and closes. The tomcat 4.1 does not start.

Kindly, please suggest whether tomcat4.1 works on Windows 98. If so, is it something that I am missing.

Please note that my applications are running very fine on Tomcat3.1, which is on Windows98, in the same machine, but I am unable to upgrade to Tomcat4.1. Please help

<<Less

Re: Tomcat4.1 on Windows98 not starting

Posted By:   Sean_Owen  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 3, 2004 12:46 PM

It sounds like you made a typo in the Tomcat startup scripts when you were editing them. Go back and verify your changes.
About | Sitemap | Contact