Printing functionality ?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Wood_Chuck
Posted On:   Monday, May 31, 2004 12:03 PM

the Java Print Service API (javax.print.*) are meant for printing where the JVM is running, right? i have a website (built using Struts/Servlets/JSPs). the client is not a java applet, nor is it a java application. the client is whatever browser the user is using to view my website. the JVM is running on my application server (Tomcat). the client side has no JVM running per se. how can i control printing? how can i make sure anyone will get the exact same printed page, no matter what browser they are using? Exact, meaning they cannot change fonts, they cannot change page orientation, they cannot change anything basically... these pages being printed out are certificates. ie. they are not printed    More>>

the Java Print Service API (javax.print.*) are meant for printing where the JVM is running, right?

i have a website (built using Struts/Servlets/JSPs). the client is not a java applet, nor is it a java application. the client is whatever browser the user is using to view my website. the JVM is running on my application server (Tomcat). the client side has no JVM running per se.

how can i control printing? how can i make sure anyone will get the exact same printed page, no matter what browser they are using? Exact, meaning they cannot change fonts, they cannot change page orientation, they cannot change anything basically...

these pages being printed out are certificates. ie. they are not printed on blank paper. i *need* to fix the print font and position to have the information printed correctly on these certificates. (the clients will have these special certificates setup already on their printers)

can anyone suggest/recommend solutions for my scenario? can the Java Print Service API help me? or am i looking entirely in the wrong direction?

thanks in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact