dcsimg
Visibroker 4.5 and JDK 1.3 Naming service issue
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adrian_Shum
Posted On:   Sunday, May 30, 2004 07:40 PM

I am currently facing problem on in interoperating between C++ Visibroker 4.5 server and JDK 1.3 Client (using ORB in JDK). Basically, I cannot find a easy-to-configure way to make both parties to use naming service. I tried to use 2 different naming service, Visibroker 4.5 (nameserv), JDK 1.3 (tnameserv). Here is the parameter I passed: (Visibroker Naming Service) start nameserv NameService -J-Dvbroker.se.iiop_tp.scm.iiop_tp.listener.port=12345 (JDK naming service) start tnameserv -ORBInitialPort 12345 (CPP-Visibroker server) cppserver -ORBInitRef NameService=iiopname://localhost:12345 (Java Client) java CorbaClient -ORBInitialPort 12345    More>>

I am currently facing problem on in interoperating between C++ Visibroker 4.5 server and JDK 1.3 Client (using ORB in JDK).

Basically, I cannot find a easy-to-configure way to make both parties to use naming service.

I tried to use 2 different naming service, Visibroker 4.5 (nameserv), JDK 1.3 (tnameserv).

Here is the parameter I passed:

(Visibroker Naming Service)
start nameserv NameService -J-Dvbroker.se.iiop_tp.scm.iiop_tp.listener.port=12345

(JDK naming service)
start tnameserv -ORBInitialPort 12345

(CPP-Visibroker server)
cppserver -ORBInitRef NameService=iiopname://localhost:12345

(Java Client)
java CorbaClient -ORBInitialPort 12345

If I use Visibroker Naming Service, CPP server can run normally. However, Java client cannot connect to naming service (COMM_FAILURE).

Vice-versa if I use JDK naming service.

If I use string_to_object to convert the IOR of tnameserv, instead of using orb->resolve_initial_reference("NameService"), then our CPP server can connect to the tnameserv. However, this seems to be very troublesome as we will need to develop another component to get the IOR of the tnameserv.

Is there any way to make visibroker able to connect to JDK's tnameserv, or, make Java Client able to connect Visibroker's nameserv?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact