SourceID (Project Liberty Protocol Server)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rob_Fielding
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 25, 2004 09:29 AM

This is a little more specific than SOAP... it's a question about a problem when generating XML digital signatures for the SAML running over SOAP protocol. I think the solution probably has something to do with resolving Java XML Parser Hell issues. I am having a problem identical to the one given in the following url: http://mail.aotus.net/pipermail/sso-users/2004-January/000374.html Basically, I can't get the simple project liberty demo to run on recent versions of BEA8.1 (or Tomcat5 for different reason, also possibly related to parser). I got that demo to work properly under BEA6.1 and Tomcat 4.x a long time ago. Internally, when an attempt is made to generate the SAML request, org.apache.xml.security.u   More>>

This is a little more specific than SOAP... it's a question about a problem when generating XML digital signatures for the SAML running over SOAP protocol. I think the solution probably has something to do with resolving Java XML Parser Hell issues.

I am having a problem identical to the one given in the following url:

http://mail.aotus.net/pipermail/sso-users/2004-January/000374.html

Basically, I can't get the simple project liberty demo to run on recent versions of BEA8.1 (or Tomcat5 for different reason, also possibly related to parser). I got that demo to work properly under BEA6.1 and Tomcat 4.x a long time ago.

Internally, when an attempt is made to generate the SAML request, org.apache.xml.security.utils.IdResolver.registerElementById throws a ClassCastException. It tries to cast a org.w3c.dom.Document to a org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl. BEA 8.1's documentation states that it does use the Xerces parser internally. I upgraded xalan.jar by putting it into the JRE's lib/endorsed directory, just in case that solution came to mind first.

<<Less

Re: SourceID (Project Liberty Protocol Server)

Posted By:   fournier_nicolas  
Posted On:   Friday, July 9, 2004 08:40 AM

so, we've the same problem with the same platform. How you change the library path to take the good xml parser by bea weblogic 8.1 ?
About | Sitemap | Contact