dcsimg
Identifying Users and/or Connections for a Queue
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Curtis_Paris
Posted On:   Monday, May 3, 2004 03:46 PM

I've tried out the Event Sample Swiftlet to be able to add sinks to particular Entities. Works great. I've also extended it to dump the existing entities at startup. (For example, watching sys$jms/usage it will always provide a list of who's connected when it starts, in addition to all future sinks). Easy to do. Now that I have this working, I am looking for an Entity that will allow me to look at the receivers on a Queue. For example, I know that "localhost:1234" is connected and is logged on as "admin" because of the sys$jms/usage/ EntityList. But, I need to know who is connected to queue "testqueue". (for example, localhost:1234 is connected, but localhost:6996 is not because that's my Explor   More>>

I've tried out the Event Sample Swiftlet to be able to add sinks to particular Entities. Works great. I've also extended it to dump the existing entities at startup. (For example, watching sys$jms/usage it will always provide a list of who's connected when it starts, in addition to all future sinks). Easy to do.

Now that I have this working, I am looking for an Entity that will allow me to look at the receivers on a Queue.

For example, I know that "localhost:1234" is connected and is logged on as "admin" because of the sys$jms/usage/ EntityList. But, I need to know who is connected to queue "testqueue". (for example, localhost:1234 is connected, but localhost:6996 is not because that's my Explorer client)

I went through the cli and the explorer but didn't find anything. I also went through the API and couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

<<Less

Re: Identifying Users and/or Connections for a Queue

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 4, 2004 12:55 AM

Per default, SwiftMQ uses a reduced management tree (so-called smart management tree) to reduce the amount of management messages (updates) from the router to Explorer instances.

The smart management tree doesn't contain the infos you need. You would need the full tree therefore.

To enable the full tree, use SwiftMQ Explorer, and uncheck attribute "Use Smart Management Tree" below node "Router Environment" (first node). Save and reboot.

After reboot connect with Explorer. Below Queue Manager Swiftlet / Usage you will see that each queue entry now has a lot more infos. Below Queue Receivers and/or Queue Senders you'll see the connected consumers/producers. Each has attributes such as client id and user name with which you can search below JMS Swiftlet/Usage for the resp. connection.
About | Sitemap | Contact