How to continue tree-parsing after I throw an exception.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Allan_Fournier
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:26 AM

I have a tree-parser that does type checking, which currently stops after the first error is detected. I want it to continue so I can inform the User of multiple mistakes. I initially derived numerous exception classes from Exception (1 error message only). I then tried deriving from ANTLRException (same thing). When I tried RecognitionException, I got compiler errors like the following, in some ANTLR-generated .cs files: typecheck.cs(755,10): error CS0160: A previous catch clause already catches all exceptions of this or a super type ('antlr.RecognitionException'). In the .cs I see a catch for RecognitionException followed by one for TypeCheckException (the one I created). Is there a simple way to   More>>

I have a tree-parser that does type checking, which currently stops after the first error is detected. I want it to continue so I can inform the User of multiple mistakes. I initially derived numerous exception classes from Exception (1 error message only). I then tried deriving from ANTLRException (same thing). When I tried RecognitionException, I got compiler errors like the following, in some ANTLR-generated .cs files:

typecheck.cs(755,10): error CS0160: A previous catch clause already catches all exceptions of this or a super type ('antlr.RecognitionException').

In the .cs I see a catch for RecognitionException followed by one for TypeCheckException (the one I created).

Is there a simple way to continue processing? I've tried setting defaultErrorHandling to both true and false with no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.
Al

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact