dcsimg
QueueException and undelivered messages to a single subscriber on a topic.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   james_hood
Posted On:   Friday, April 23, 2004 07:56 AM

We have many components that send status messages out each minute across a topic. We have been having messages that don't end up getting to the consumer (which is a monitoring component), so I wrote a simple consumer to log each message and installed in on each router in the federation. Now, on the same rouer that the real monitoring component is installed on, this simple consumer seems to not get all the messages, but I can see the missing messages in tmp$ queue that is bound to the consumer through the explorer. We do have a very short TTL (60s), but I have confirmed that the messages that are not getting delivered have not expired yet. In addition, each message that isn't delivered seems to add an en   More>>

We have many components that send status messages out each minute across a topic. We have been having messages that don't end up getting to the consumer (which is a monitoring component), so I wrote a simple consumer to log each message and installed in on each router in the federation.

Now, on the same rouer that the real monitoring component is installed on, this simple consumer seems to not get all the messages, but I can see the missing messages in tmp$ queue that is bound to the consumer through the explorer.

We do have a very short TTL (60s), but I have confirmed that the messages that are not getting delivered have not expired yet.

In addition, each message that isn't delivered seems to add an entry like the following to the warning log:

2004-04-23 10:14:25.902/sys$routing/WARNING/[RoutingConnection router1|router1]/v400DeliveryStage, recoveryBranchQ=swiftmq/src=router2/dest=router1/Tx=[XidImpl, branchQualifier=swiftmq/src=router1/dest=router2, formatId=0, globalTransactionId=1082721620806-407, routing=true]/commit, queue=tpc$testtopic@router2, exception: com.swiftmq.swiftlet.queue.QueueException

Any ideas why some messages get delivered while others throw this exception?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact