dcsimg
I need to use pre-existing data in my form
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Paul_Hunnisett
Posted On:   Friday, February 13, 2004 02:47 AM

I have a form in my application that allows users to edit pre-existing data about themselves. This data is in a database. I had intended to simply extend the Form class from the registration precess (since the data and the validation process is identical) and simply use the constructor to retrive the data from the database. This has caused me to hit two issues: How do I specify to the Form bean the unique id from the database so that the correct data is retrived? Since I am not explicitly creating the bean, I don't know how to make sure it's get's the right values Am I right in thinking that if the Form bean is already populted with data, that these values will be displayed on the form?    More>>

I have a form in my application that allows users to edit pre-existing data about themselves. This data is in a database.

I had intended to simply extend the Form class from the registration precess (since the data and the validation process is identical) and simply use the constructor to retrive the data from the database. This has caused me to hit two issues:

1. How do I specify to the Form bean the unique id from the database so that the correct data is retrived? Since I am not explicitly creating the bean, I don't know how to make sure it's get's the right values
  2. Am I right in thinking that if the Form bean is already populted with data, that these values will be displayed on the form?
   <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact