dcsimg
Am I asking too much? JSR 94
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sandeep_Shilawat
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 14, 2004 08:46 AM

Friends I am working on Rule Engines. I saw Java Rule Engine final draft is approved by committee for JSR 94 on Dec 10 2003. Does anybody know if there exist any vendors with implementation of this API? In Context of this forum - XML has this form called RuleML which is not final yet. One of the forms of RuleML is SRML (Simple Rule Markup Language) which was specifically created for Java Rule Engines. If both of these exist then it would save me of work. I know RuleML exist... But I don't know whether there is any implementation of JSR 94 ( Java Rule Engine API) and whether the API is integrated with SRML or RuleML or ORML or DAML or whatever.... Am I asking too much? S   More>>

Friends

I am working on Rule Engines. I saw Java Rule Engine final draft is approved by committee for JSR 94 on Dec 10 2003. Does anybody know if there exist any vendors with implementation of this API?

In Context of this forum - XML has this form called RuleML which is not final yet. One of the forms of RuleML is SRML (Simple Rule Markup Language) which was specifically created for Java Rule Engines.

If both of these exist then it would save me of work. I know RuleML exist... But I don't know whether there is any implementation of JSR 94 ( Java Rule Engine API) and whether the API is integrated with SRML or RuleML or ORML or DAML or whatever....

Am I asking too much?

Sandeep Shilawat

<<Less

Re: Am I asking too much? JSR 94

Posted By:   Stuart_Schmukler  
Posted On:   Monday, March 1, 2004 12:09 AM

There are at least three implementations of JSR-94:
ILOG's wwwilog.com Rules Kit (Rules and JRules)
DROOLS www.drools.org .
The reference implementation with JESS.

Since JSR-94 does not standardize the rules language and syntax a number of vendors may be working implementations using their own rules languages.

At least there is a standard interface to Java Rule Engines.

Stuart
About | Sitemap | Contact