dcsimg
Is the idea of JAX-RPC, JAXM etc to make webservices not be reliant on implementations like, say Apache Axis, WASP etc?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 7, 2004 06:12 AM

I see that I can make and deploy webservices using one of the many implementations of the WebSerices spec(Apache Axis, WASP etc) . I can also make and deploy webservices with the APIs a) Is the idea of JAX-RPC, JAXM APIs to make webservices NOT be reliant on implementations like, say Apache Axis, WASP etc? b) Is the idea of these APIs to standardize the making and deployment of webservices in the java world? c) Which is a better choice today..implementations readily available or the APIs? Systinet(WASP makers) I think has made this simple concept of webservices into an overkill with their range of products for various platforms and languages, IMHO:)    More>>

I see that I can make and deploy webservices using one of the many implementations of the WebSerices spec(Apache Axis, WASP etc) . I can also make and deploy webservices with the APIs

a) Is the idea of JAX-RPC, JAXM APIs to make webservices NOT be reliant on implementations like, say Apache Axis, WASP etc?

b) Is the idea of these APIs to standardize the making and deployment of webservices in the java world?

c) Which is a better choice today..implementations readily available or the APIs? Systinet(WASP makers) I think has made this simple concept of webservices into an overkill with their range of products for various platforms and languages, IMHO:)

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact