Changing referral following per search?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Geoffrey_Elgey
Posted On:   Monday, January 5, 2004 04:24 PM

JNDI allows referral following to be specified when a context is created, using the Context.REFERRAL property. However, I want to change referral following on a per-search basis. On some searches I want to follow referrals, and on some other searches I do not want to follow referrals. OpenLDAP has an LDAPConstraints class with a setReferralFollowing method, but I have not seen any similar functionality in JNDI. The JNDI class SearchControls has a method called setDerefLinkFlag , which sounds promising, but I could not find any documentation that explained what a "link" is and what "dereferencing" it means. I thought that li   More>>

JNDI allows referral following to be specified when a context is created, using the Context.REFERRAL property.

However, I want to change referral following on a per-search basis. On some searches I want to follow referrals, and on some other searches I do not want to follow referrals.

OpenLDAP has an LDAPConstraints class with a setReferralFollowing method, but I have not seen any similar functionality in JNDI.

The JNDI class SearchControls has a method called setDerefLinkFlag , which sounds promising, but I could not find any documentation that explained what a "link" is and what "dereferencing" it means.

I thought that link dereferencing might had something to do with dereferencing aliases, but I found the following in the in the JNDI tutorial:

Note that the "dereference links" flag in the SearchControls class is not related to aliases.

So if the setDerefLinkFlag method does not apply to aliases, what does it apply to? And can I use this to turn referral following off and on on a per-search basis?    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact