Multicast configuration problem
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, December 18, 2003 01:24 AM

I have created a topic like this 'aaa_bbb' when i try to add this topic in a multicast connection this error occurs 'Invalid character found:_(Hint: Like predicates are not allowed within the first part of a topic hierarchie).

I dont want use '_' as a like predicates.
Someone can help me ? thanks

Re: Multicast configuration problem

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:54 AM

Well, I've discovered in the meantime why we are so restrictive here. The reason is that (as the exception above states) we don't allow to use like predicates for the root topic (e.g. a like predicate 'aaa_bbb' matches with 'aaaTbbb' because the _ is any character). However, you can use like predicates for sub nodes. In your case above I suggest to create the topic 'aaa.bbb' and subscribe to it from multicast. Then you use topic hierarchies and don't need a '_' delimiter. Advantage is that you need only to add 'aaa' to a multicast connection because everything below 'aaa' is included implicitely.

Look here for a description on how topic hierarchies are working incl. SQL LIKE predicate matching.

So what I wrote in the reply above is not correct. The behavior is intented and a fix isn't suitable.

Re: Multicast configuration problem

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 18, 2003 03:00 AM

Oops. We had this name restriction in the past but removed it in the meantime. Seems we forgot to remove the check from the Multicast Extension Swiftlet. It rejects any name which contains non character/digits.

I've created a job fix for it. Will be solved soon.
About | Sitemap | Contact