Any issues re using log4j or Commons logger, inside Oracle Java Stored Procedures?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg
Posted On:   Thursday, December 11, 2003 07:43 AM

We are going to move some Java classes (currently called from Struts Actions, as business logic) to run inside the Oracle database as Java Stored Procedures. I use logging a lot, for debugging etc. Someone here is concerned, about moving this code into the database, that the logging might cause problems (?) Are there known issues, problems etc., in using commons logger and/or log4j, inside Oracle, in Java Stored Procedures? Currently the Oracle db is stil 8.1.7 and its JDK is still 1.3.something. So far (running outside the db, called from Struts Actions) I've only been using the default logging which writes to System.out and/or System.err, so it comes out in the servlet logs. I haven't tried a JDBC appender, etc. yet I assum   More>>

We are going to move some Java classes (currently called from Struts Actions, as business logic) to run inside the Oracle database as Java Stored Procedures.

I use logging a lot, for debugging etc. Someone here is concerned, about moving this code into the database, that the logging might cause problems (?)

Are there known issues, problems etc., in using commons logger and/or log4j, inside Oracle, in Java Stored Procedures?

Currently the Oracle db is stil 8.1.7 and its JDK is still 1.3.something.

So far (running outside the db, called from Struts Actions) I've only been using the default logging which writes to System.out and/or System.err, so it comes out in the servlet logs. I haven't tried a JDBC appender, etc. yet I assume this will come out in some Oracle database log file, if moved inside the database without any changes.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact