dcsimg
Swing Component Property Inspector Query
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Darren_Wilkinson
Posted On:   Monday, November 10, 2003 03:28 PM

I am fairly new to both java and JBuilder 9 Personal Edition. I am confused by all the properties listed in the inspector for the different components. The ToolTip explanations are too brief for me. Where can I get a more detailed explanation of each property (online, book, here?) I think I am right in saying that each property relates directly to a property in the underlying class for a given component but I am having trouble relating the API explanations to the JB9 properties. Also, does a similar source of explanations for the actual swing components exist in book or online form? As an example of the problems I am having relating the API docs with JB9, I learned how to handcode three radio buttons into a group    More>>

I am fairly new to both java and JBuilder 9 Personal Edition.

I am confused by all the properties listed in the inspector for the different components. The ToolTip explanations are too brief for me. Where can I get a more detailed explanation of each property (online, book, here?)

I think I am right in saying that each property relates directly to a property in the underlying class for a given component but I am having trouble relating the API explanations to the JB9 properties.

Also, does a similar source of explanations for the actual swing components exist in book or online form?

As an example of the problems I am having relating the API docs with JB9, I learned how to handcode three radio buttons into a group using the online Java tutorial but had to use trial and error to eventually re-create this using JB9's visual designer.

I'm not criticising JB9 - I know I have a lot to learn. I'm just unsure of where to find the information I need.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thank you

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact