dcsimg
File downloads are being terminated by the manager checkInterval setting
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kevin_Mitchell
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 22, 2003 08:34 AM

Currently running Tomcat 4.1.24 on AIX w/ java130. The front end is a win32 box running IHS 1.3.12 as a reverse proxy. The problem seems to be that the manager checkInterval is killing http file download connections even if they are not finished. The default is 60 secs. If I increase this to 5 mins I don't have the problem. Set it back to 60 secs and the file downloads are killed after 60 secs even if the file is not finished downloading. I am very hesitant to keep increasing the timeout since the files are relativily large and I have no control over the speed some users access the system. Some are on 28.8 dialup and others are sharing a single DSL connection w/ 500 other users. I know this isn't persa my problem, other than they are the custor   More>>

Currently running Tomcat 4.1.24 on AIX w/ java130. The front end is a win32 box running IHS 1.3.12 as a reverse proxy.

The problem seems to be that the manager checkInterval is killing http file download connections even if they are not finished. The default is 60 secs. If I increase this to 5 mins I don't have the problem. Set it back to 60 secs and the file downloads are killed after 60 secs even if the file is not finished downloading. I am very hesitant to keep increasing the timeout since the files are relativily large and I have no control over the speed some users access the system. Some are on 28.8 dialup and others are sharing a single DSL connection w/ 500 other users. I know this isn't persa my problem, other than they are the custormer.

My problem stems from the fact I am not sure what the effect will be by increasing this timeout on the system, if this is 'normal' behavior and/or is there something wrong w/ the 'coding logic' of how this is being handled and would I need to ask the developers to redo how the servlet works.

Thank you for any help, please remember I am more of a sysadmin than a programmer.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact