Problems halting swiftMQ
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 21, 2003 07:14 AM

I am not a developer so bear with me... I am using/supporting a product that uses swiftMQ for JMS messaging. On shutdown of the product, a shutdown command is run to halt swift. The shutdown command contains the following java call: com.swiftmq.admin.cli.CLI smqp://localhost:4001 plainsocket@LtRouter "shutdown.cli" the contents of shutdown.cli are: sr LtRouter halt exit My problem is, at least 50% of the time, Swift does not shut down. The Java.exe process (representing swift) is left running. I am confident that we are closing all connections to all queues first. I have tried adding a kill command (windows resource kit)    More>>

I am not a developer so bear with me... I am using/supporting a product that uses swiftMQ for JMS messaging. On shutdown of the product, a shutdown command is run to halt swift. The shutdown command contains the following java call:

com.swiftmq.admin.cli.CLI smqp://localhost:4001 plainsocket@LtRouter "shutdown.cli"

the contents of shutdown.cli are:

sr LtRouter

halt

exit

My problem is, at least 50% of the time, Swift does not shut down. The Java.exe process (representing swift) is left running. I am confident that we are closing all connections to all queues first. I have tried adding a kill command (windows resource kit) to the shutdown for swift to kill the java.exe process. This works only some of the time. Has anyone had this issue before and how does one work around it? Thanks very much for any help.

<<Less

Re: Problems halting swiftMQ

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 21, 2003 07:24 AM

Which SwiftMQ release do you use?
About | Sitemap | Contact