Requery Recordset or drop-down menu From A Popup Window
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Frank_Munoz
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 16, 2003 08:38 AM

How or what javascript call command can I use to requery a recordset from a popup window? I want to use the simple javascript call like "opener.document.recordset.requery()". I'm sure it's possible I just can't get the right sequence or definition of the object. Can I? What I'm doing is I have a drop-down menu on my main form called "Categories". To add a new value to the list, I have an "Add" button that will open a pop-up window the will have an insert record form to create a new category value. Once I create the new category. I want to close the popup window and on "Unload" run the javascript command "opener.recordset.requery" or similar to requery the "Category" drop-down menu   More>>

How or what javascript call command can I use to requery a recordset from a popup window?

I want to use the simple javascript call like "opener.document.recordset.requery()". I'm sure it's possible I just can't get the right sequence or definition of the object. Can I?

What I'm doing is I have a drop-down menu on my main form called "Categories". To add a new value to the list, I have an "Add" button that will open a pop-up window the will have an insert record form to create a new category value. Once I create the new category. I want to close the popup window and on "Unload" run the javascript command "opener.recordset.requery" or similar to requery the "Category" drop-down menu to reflect the newly created value without having to reload the entire page.

I need your help and resolve...

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact