JScrollPane distortion in Safari on Mac OS X
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Leslie_L
Posted On:   Friday, September 5, 2003 11:58 AM

Hello, I enjoy using the browser Safari with my Mac and I would like to develop an applet that works with Safari. I have written an applet which contains among other things, a JTextArea within a JScrollPane. JTextArea area = new JTextArea(text); JScrollPane scroll = new JScrollPane(area); myPanel.add(scroll, BorderLayout.CENTER); // scroll is the only component added to the panel But when I run the applet in my Safari Browser, I have a problem that I don't experience in the Mac X Internet Explorer browser 5.2, or Windows IE, or Red Hat Linux Mozilla. When I attempt to scroll, only half of the viewport, the top half of the pane is scrolling, and the bottom half does no   More>>

Hello,

I enjoy using the browser Safari with my Mac and I would like to develop an applet that works with Safari. I have written an applet which contains among other things, a JTextArea within a JScrollPane.

JTextArea area = new JTextArea(text);
JScrollPane scroll = new JScrollPane(area);
myPanel.add(scroll, BorderLayout.CENTER); // scroll is the only component added to the panel

But when I run the applet in my Safari Browser, I have a problem that I don't experience in the Mac X Internet Explorer browser 5.2, or Windows IE, or Red Hat Linux Mozilla. When I attempt to scroll, only half of the viewport, the top half of the pane is scrolling, and the bottom half does not scroll. Moreover, as I scroll, I do not see new text, but rather the line of text that is at the middle of the screen, which is the bottom of the scroll, is being repeated and repainted at each line, so that the the text is heavily blurred and is not legible.

This is some sort of painting problem which appears to be unique to Safari. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before or has any suggestions as to what I can include with my code to prevent this from happening.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact