dcsimg
Pub/Sub Durable Subscriber problem in Heirarchical Topic structure
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Edwin_Ng
Posted On:   Monday, September 1, 2003 06:26 PM

Hi. My system has got a topic and durable subscriber for each user and they publish to each other's topics. I user a hierarchical topic structure eg. root.user so that an monitoring/archiving consumer subscribes to the root to capture all messages as a Durable Root Topic Subscriber. I've have problem scaling up this system as the number of user topics grow, the root subscriber gets overload. I don't mind if the root subscriber is slow but in my current JMS provider implementation, the overload in the Root Subscriber causes catatrophic failure for all users i.e. everything freezes. In theory, the Root Subscriber should have a backlog and will eventually catchup d   More>>

Hi.

My system has got a topic and durable subscriber for each user and they publish to each other's topics.

I user a hierarchical topic structure eg. root.user so that an monitoring/archiving consumer subscribes to the root to capture all messages as a Durable Root Topic Subscriber.

I've have problem scaling up this system as the number of user topics grow, the root subscriber gets overload.

I don't mind if the root subscriber is slow but in my current JMS provider implementation, the overload in the Root Subscriber causes catatrophic failure for all users i.e. everything freezes.

In theory, the Root Subscriber should have a backlog and will eventually catchup during lull periods but this doesn't work in practice.

I'd appreciate if anyone is able to shed some light on the usage of hierarchical topics and if I'm using it correctly?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact