Monday, August 18, 2003 06:09 AM
1. EJB live in multiple address space being distributed business object and Java beans live in single address space.
2. EJB can avail the declarative services like transactions,security,persistence etc where as in simple java beans, you need to write custom code for these kind of services.
3. EJB is a deployable component where as java beans can not be deployed independently.
4. EJB is used to solve business problem but java beans used to develop GUI .
For activation and passivation refer
Monday, August 18, 2003 01:28 AM
EJB's provide the following built-in services
1. RMI/RMI-IIOP ( Distributed computing)
4. Resource pooling
5. Thread safe
6. Client state
9. Life cycle etc.
which are not provided by normal java beans
Monday, August 18, 2003 12:45 AM
I beleive this is very basic of EJB. Basically there is no similarities. It is a coincidence that both the name sound similar to some extend. The word bean sometimes really confusing to the beginners but as a whole do not have any similarities.
Wednesday, August 13, 2003 08:07 PM
refer to the following thread. The question may be different but you will find your answer...