dcsimg
using jdbc.odbc on as400
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Iain_Rundle
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2003 05:02 AM

Hi Sorry if this is a duplicate post I am having machine problems I have written an app in win2000 pro it reads an excel spreadsheet and updates the data to an AS400 file. Class.forName( "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" ); connectionstr = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};DBQ=" + path + file + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true"; It all works fine and dandy on the pc side. I move the class to the AS400 and when I try running it under qshell I get. 'java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver' I think the problem is that we are on os400 v5.1 and there is only jdk1.3 on the as400. We are not going to upgrade to os40   More>>

Hi

Sorry if this is a duplicate post I am having machine problems

I have written an app in win2000 pro it reads an excel spreadsheet and updates the data to an AS400 file.

Class.forName( "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" );

connectionstr = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};DBQ=" + path + file + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true";

It all works fine and dandy on the pc side. I move the class to the AS400 and when I try running it under qshell I get.
'java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver'

I think the problem is that we are on os400 v5.1 and there is only jdk1.3 on the as400. We are not going to upgrade to os400 v5.2 yet (and I can't wait), so no JDK1.4. If there is a away around i.e. copying jar's to the as400 class path etc could someone tell me which files need to be copied.

Thanks
Iain

<<Less

Re: using jdbc.odbc on as400

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 10, 2003 05:09 AM

The problem is that you have no sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver on the AS400.

Where is the java class executing? Is it executing on the AS400 or on the client side. If it is an applet running on the client side. Then you might need to jar the applet up, together with the JDBC-ODBC driver, so when the applet jar file is loaded to the client side, it is available there.

The JDBC-ODBC driver won't execute on the AS/400 server side, cause it's written for the intel processor not the AS/400 ML.

Stephen McConnell

Re: using jdbc.odbc on as400

Posted By:   Subramanian_Narayanan  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2003 06:57 AM

Jdbc.Odbc stuff works only on windows platform.
About | Sitemap | Contact