Differences JBoss to Websphere regarding naming-context
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Peter_Michel
Posted On:   Friday, July 4, 2003 01:24 AM

Hallo! I'm developing a Client-Server-Application using an Applet and EJB's (1.1). At the moment I'm using JBoss Application Server. Our customer uses a Websphere Application Server, so I have to be sure that it' will run there without problems. At the moment I hav ethe following to get a naming-context: java.util.Properties jndiProps = new java.util.Properties() ; jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" ) ; jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", myServer ) ; Context ctx = new InitialContext(jndiProps); The Applet uses the    More>>

Hallo!

I'm developing a Client-Server-Application using an Applet and EJB's (1.1). At the moment I'm using JBoss Application Server.

Our customer uses a Websphere Application Server, so I have to be sure that it' will run there without problems.

At the moment I hav ethe following to get a naming-context:

java.util.Properties jndiProps = new java.util.Properties() ;

jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" ) ;

jndiProps.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", myServer ) ;

Context ctx = new InitialContext(jndiProps);

The Applet uses the Java2 Plugin an accesses the JBoss-Client-jar-files.

I browsed through several web pages and i read, that the only thing I have to do is to exchange the client-jar-files to those of Websphere. On my side of code nothing should change.

Can anybody tell me if this information is correct?

I don't have any experience with Websphere.

Thanks for you answers.

Peter    <<Less

Re: Differences JBoss to Websphere regarding naming-context

Posted By:   Margaret_Lu  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2003 06:25 PM

I'm trying to search the information of using jBoss jndi lookup and happen to see your message. Maybe we can help to each other.

Initial context factory in your code needs to change to "com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNInitialContextFactory" for Websphere and the value of "myServer" needs to set to "iiop://your_host:900/".

The datasource to look up, like "jdbc/your_application", needs to be configured in Websphere.

About | Sitemap | Contact