Java & Computer with Dual Ethernet Cards
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kevin_Forbes
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 2, 2003 11:54 AM

I have a Windows 2K system that has 2 ethernet cards. Is there a way in Java that I can specify my program to be "identified from" a particular IP? For example: Ethernet Card 1 is identified by IP: *.*.*.100 and Ethernet Card 2 is identified by IP: *.*.*.101. I run 2 instances of my program: Java Prog1 and Java Prog2. I want to make sure that Java Prog1 uses Ethernet Card 1 and IP *.*.*.100 and Java Prog2 uses Ethernet Card 2 and IP *.*.*.101 so that while I'm running my 2 programs on a single "computer" it appears (to anyone else on the network) that they are running on seperate computers. Is this possible? Thanks    More>>

I have a Windows 2K system that has 2 ethernet cards. Is there a way in Java that I can specify my program to be "identified from" a particular IP?

For example:

Ethernet Card 1 is identified by IP: *.*.*.100 and

Ethernet Card 2 is identified by IP: *.*.*.101.

I run 2 instances of my program:
Java Prog1 and Java Prog2.

I want to make sure that Java Prog1 uses Ethernet Card 1 and IP *.*.*.100 and Java Prog2 uses Ethernet Card 2 and IP *.*.*.101 so that while I'm running my 2 programs on a single "computer" it appears (to anyone else on the network) that they are running on seperate computers. Is this possible?

Thanks
K

<<Less

Re: Java & Computer with Dual Ethernet Cards

Posted By:   Aravind_Thangaraj  
Posted On:   Saturday, September 27, 2003 12:02 PM

Yes. It isd possible. Because, the network card are
different and having different IP addresses. [ check
it out using "ipconfig" in cmd shell ].
Though you run those programs in the same m/c,
local host, It will taken as different machine.
About | Sitemap | Contact