Pop-up asking user to save changes before moving to another page
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 1, 2003 07:18 AM

I have a strange request from a customer. I have a tab interface..each tab pertaining to a seperate aspect of an admin interface.
Some pages have huge forms..and say the user fills up a portion of it...and say accidentally clicks on another tab atop...Problemo! The customer at theis stage wants something coded in that provides a popup to give an option to the user to save his changes before going to the new page.

Has anybody done this...I toyed around with the page unload event..(which I find very flaky) but have not had any success in saving the data on the prev page. Any help appreciated.

(Page as afore mentioned=jsp page)

Re: Pop-up asking user to save changes before moving to another page

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 1, 2003 02:42 PM

Well, are the "tabs" just buttons in another frame? then do something in their onclick, to check on the status of the form in the current/previous frame, ... have a bunch of status indicator variables, 1 or 2 for each form+frame. Have each form set its status indicator variable (declared either in its own frame, or in the parent?) to indicate that the user is beginning to fill it out. Then have it set an indicator to indicate it is done (how do you tell?). Meanwhile in the onclick of the tab button, check these indicator variables, to tell if any form, in any frame, has been started but not completed?

Also about "saving changes", how do you save the state and later "restore" those changes, to a partially completed form?

About | Sitemap | Contact