Tomcat 4.1.24 - Problem with contexts in server.xml
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adam_Brundrett
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 1, 2003 01:16 AM

At last Tomcat has an interface for administering the server.xml file! However, I am having problems with the recognition of contexts that I add....example: 1) Document Base: / /MyApplication/released/report Path: /report 2) Document Base: / /MyApplication/released/report Path: /reports In the cases above, both Domcument Base entries are identical. The only difference is in the Path entry. For entry one above, I just get a 404 error ("the requested resource /report is not available). Whilst entry two works fine. I'm at a loss as I don't see why adding an "s" to the end should suddenly make it    More>>

At last Tomcat has an interface for administering the server.xml file! However, I am having problems with the recognition of contexts that I add....example:

• 1) Document Base: / /MyApplication/released/report

Path: /report

• 2) Document Base: / /MyApplication/released/report

Path: /reports

In the cases above, both Domcument Base entries are identical. The only difference is in the Path entry.

For entry one above, I just get a 404 error ("the requested resource /report is not available). Whilst entry two works fine. I'm at a loss as I don't see why adding an "s"
to the end should suddenly make it work.

Also, the context definition for "/" poining to the default application doesn't work either, again with a 404 error.

Any ideas?

<<Less

Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 - Problem with contexts in server.xml

Posted By:   ro_gilhespy  
Posted On:   Sunday, July 20, 2003 05:26 AM

When I used the tomcat web interface to edit my server.xml file it totally foobar'd it. Its pretty easy to edit by hand.

Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 - Problem with contexts in server.xml

Posted By:   Adrian_K  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 1, 2003 04:12 AM

DO you have your applications under omcatwebapps folder (this is not mandatory of course)...if this is the case a standar entry looks like this one:

reloadable="false" crossContext="false" privileged="true">
prefix="logPrefix_" suffix=".log"
timestamp="true"/>

About | Sitemap | Contact