Serialization Format
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rob_Wilkie
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 27, 2003 04:01 PM

Hi, I'm sending an instance over a socket and then at the client I am simply displaying the InputStream one character at a time (with "'" delimiters between characters) in order to see the serialization format. However, there's a lot of strange pieces that I haven't been able to figure out (i.e., all the hex codes). Although I can figure out what certain codes mean, and can see the string member attributes and their values, I can't tell what the leading part is, or where the integer instance is. There is supposed to be documentation on what all the codes and format of a serialized object, but I haven't been able to find them. Anybody else know? Thanks.    More>>

Hi,

I'm sending an instance over a socket and then at the client I am simply displaying the InputStream one character at a time (with "'" delimiters between characters) in order to see the serialization format.

However, there's a lot of strange pieces that I haven't been able to figure out (i.e., all the hex codes). Although I can figure out what certain codes mean, and can see the string member attributes and their values, I can't tell what the leading part is, or where the integer instance is. There is supposed to be documentation on what all the codes and format of a serialized object, but I haven't been able to find them. Anybody else know?

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Serialization Format

Posted By:   Bogdan_Sheptunov  
Posted On:   Monday, June 2, 2003 03:55 PM

About | Sitemap | Contact