Integration of IBM WebSphere with Oracle 9i
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   gadepalli_venkata
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 13, 2003 05:05 AM

Please let me know the steps to configure the datasource object to connect to Oracle 9i database using Websphere Application server 5.0 Administrative console. Where do I specify the user name and password? How to avoid getting naming(JNDI) errors? We are using Websphere studio application developer to develop the applications using JSPs and Servlets. We need connection pooling. Thanks alot.

Re: Integration of IBM WebSphere with Oracle 9i

Posted By:   Alok_Rai  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 13, 2003 02:40 PM

Suggestion: Lets put our queries in right forum

Go to server property page (by double clicking on server name, server Configuration panel)

Go to Security tab and enter Alias (any suitable name) user Id and Password of Database

Go to DataSource Tab add jdbc Provider (in the popup window only name is important rest you can leave as it is) and press finish. Then Add DataSource definition, in this pop window you need to specify name, JNDI name, and select the Component-Managed Authentication Alias and Container-Managed Authentication Alias from Drop Down which you Specify in JAAS Alias

Go to variables tab Under Node Setting select ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH and set it to the Folder which contains oracle classes12.zip

I guess it will work now
About | Sitemap | Contact