Starting tomcat and Jboss on same machine
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manfred_Milhofer
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 7, 2003 04:25 AM

Hi I am trying to Tomcat and JBoss to start upon boot on the same Windows machine. I can not use the integrated Tomcat/JBoss environment since we often start on one server and then scale over two or more. The closest I have got is to use cygwin to create Windows Services based on the batch files for Tomcat and JBoss (this was touted on a JBoss forum). However this is a bit ugly, and Tomcat especially does not integrate well with Windows in this way, i.e. Windows does not think the sevice started (even though the Java process started), and in both cases the service can not be used to stop Java. I have also tried to use cygwin to run the '.sh' file provided with Tomcat but could not get this working. In s   More>>

Hi

I am trying to Tomcat and JBoss to start upon boot on the same Windows machine. I can not use the integrated Tomcat/JBoss environment since we often start on one server and then scale over two or more.

The closest I have got is to use cygwin to create Windows Services based on the batch files for Tomcat and JBoss (this was touted on a JBoss forum). However this is a bit ugly, and Tomcat especially does not integrate well with Windows in this way, i.e. Windows does not think the sevice started (even though the Java process started), and in both cases the service can not be used to stop Java.

I have also tried to use cygwin to run the '.sh' file provided with Tomcat but could not get this working. In some ways this would be my preferred option since it would help with porting the solution to Unix/Linux.

While I'm here I might as well get greedy and extend the problem to include Apache. We are using v 2.0.44 as the web front end, so this needs to go in the pot as well!

Any comments most welcome

Thanks

Manfred

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact