JMS QueueConnectionFactory - multiple instances.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vipul_Lalka
Posted On:   Monday, May 5, 2003 08:41 PM

Hello All, This is more of a theoritical question. Say I have 10 Queues in series. The first client creates a JMS Message and sends it to the first queue, where an MDB receives the message, composes a new JMS message and sends it to the next queue, and so on and so forth. My question is, would it be more efficient to configure only ONE QueueConnectionFactory (say, jms/QCF), in the JMS provider and make all the message producers use this to send messages to the Queues, or use multiple QueueConnectionFactory (say jms/QCF1, jms/QCF2, etc)? This issue came up when I tried to replicate the above scenario on WebSphere with only ONE QueueConnectionFactory and tried sending a series of JMS messages through the Queues. The messages use   More>>

Hello All,

This is more of a theoritical question. Say I have 10 Queues in series. The first client creates a JMS Message and sends it to the first queue, where an MDB receives the message, composes a new JMS message and sends it to the next queue, and so on and so forth.

My question is, would it be more efficient to configure only ONE QueueConnectionFactory (say, jms/QCF), in the JMS provider and make all the message producers use this to send messages to the Queues, or use multiple QueueConnectionFactory (say jms/QCF1, jms/QCF2, etc)?

This issue came up when I tried to replicate the above scenario on WebSphere with only ONE QueueConnectionFactory and tried sending a series of JMS messages through the Queues. The messages used to reach upto queue 2 and then stop. After server restart, they would continue from queue 2 to queue 4, and so on.

I could get slightly better performance by tweaking the connection pooling numbers ... but am not sure what the right way of doing this is. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vipul.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact