Unix- CPU memory scheduling
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   VijayKumar_Totager
Posted On:   Saturday, April 26, 2003 02:07 AM

Hello I need your help to solve the below problem. Since it is assignment question and I have prepared answer for the same just looking for the experts suggestions in the complete answer so that I can compare my answer with your valuable answer. The question is ...... Question 1: Consider the following set of processes that arrive in the ready queue at the same time: Process CPU time job1 2 job2 6 job3 1 job4 4 job5 6 Consider the following scheduling algorithms: FCFS, SJF and Round Robin (quantum = 2) (i) What is turnaround time of each process for each of the above scheduling algorithms? (ii)    More>>

Hello I need your help to solve the below problem. Since it is assignment question and I have prepared answer for the same just looking for the experts suggestions in the complete answer so that I can compare my answer with your valuable answer.

The question is ......
Question 1: Consider the following set of processes that arrive in the ready queue at the same time:

Process CPU time
job1 2
job2 6
job3 1
job4 4
job5 6

Consider the following scheduling algorithms: FCFS, SJF and Round Robin (quantum = 2)
(i) What is turnaround time of each process for each of the above
scheduling algorithms?
(ii) What is the waiting time of each process for each of the above
algorithms?

<<Less

Re: Unix- CPU memory scheduling

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Monday, April 28, 2003 06:22 AM

You know, you would be more likely to get a favourable response if you framed your question as follows: 'I have been posed the following question ...... and I think the answer is ...... but I have the following concerns ......'. Most of us got where we are through hard work and we find it particularily galling that some people (seemingly an increasing number) want to try and get into a market, ostensibly in direct competition with ourselves, not through their own sweat but as a result of our efforts. If you want to do the work, or at least prove that you have thought about it, then we don't mind helping. Otherwise...

Regards.

Re: Unix- CPU memory scheduling

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 26, 2003 06:38 AM

Oh come on, first tell us, what is your answer?

About | Sitemap | Contact