Same Java Class on multiple command consoles
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amit_Deo
Posted On:   Thursday, April 10, 2003 11:14 PM

Can we run a same java class on multiple command consoles say 6 to 8 on a single machine I tried to run a single java class residing in a xyz package on 6 different command consoles. At runtime my java class is accessing a property file from where it reads a property required for further processing. Each time if i run the same class on differnt command console with the modification in the same property in the same property file. So logically speaking each of my java program runnuing on different command console will be getting a different property value from the same physical file on the disk. First tell me is this an ideal approach?I have tried this for migrating some 1,50,000 recodrs from one database table to another but for ev   More>>

Can we run a same java class on multiple command consoles say 6 to 8 on a single machine

I tried to run a single java class residing in a xyz package on 6 different command consoles. At runtime my java class is accessing a property file from where it reads a property required for further processing.

Each time if i run the same class on differnt command console with the modification in the same property in the same property file. So logically speaking each of my java program runnuing on different command console will be getting a different property value from the same physical file on the disk.

First tell me is this an ideal approach?I have tried this for migrating some 1,50,000 recodrs from one database table to another but for every command console run of my java program i have modified the property to give different value for reading number of records say "from abc to xyz". For the first trial it worked fine but next trials it failed with some database communication link error and some related database errors.Since i need to migrate all those records in a short amount of time,i opted for this approach of 6 command consoles compared with a single command consoles migrating all the 1,50,000 records.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact