intellij debugging in jboss
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andrew_Eells
Posted On:   Thursday, April 10, 2003 09:23 AM

I am running intellij 3.0.3 and jboss 3.0.4 and am trying to attach the intellij debugger to a local running jboss server. My jboss .bat file reads as below: set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n ... but I am getting the following error message when the debugger attempts to connect: Failed to establish connection to the target VM at 'localhost:8787' using socket transport I have checked that jboss is definitely listening on port 8787. Any suggestions? Many thanks!    More>>

I am running intellij 3.0.3 and jboss 3.0.4 and am trying to attach the intellij debugger to a local running jboss server.

My jboss .bat file reads as below:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n

... but I am getting the following error message when the debugger attempts to connect:

Failed to establish connection to the target VM at 'localhost:8787' using socket transport

I have checked that jboss is definitely listening on port 8787.

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

<<Less

Re: intellij debugging in jboss

Posted By:   Frank_Merenda  
Posted On:   Monday, May 12, 2003 09:41 AM

On linux, I am using the following successfully:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dprogram.name=$PROGNAME -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005"

you may need to remove the address, and you also may need to put it in double quotes. Good luck.

-Frank
About | Sitemap | Contact