Problem running an application. Could it be a CLASSPATH problem?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nigel_Smith
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 1, 2003 09:53 PM

I am ivestigating the use of CachedRowSet from Sun. I have wriiten a small program that just reads a table and then prints each row on System.out. I use the import statements: import java.sql.*; import sun.jdbc.rowset.*; This all works fine in IDEA. I can see all the methods of the CachedRowSet class. However when I try to run the application using Shift+F10 I get a NullPointerException when reference to CachedRowSet is encountered. The Classpath is set in the project as: C:Oracle9ij2eehomelib owset.jar This must be OK as I can see the methods of the CachedRowSet class. So what am I missing? Nige    More>>

I am ivestigating the use of CachedRowSet from Sun. I have wriiten a small program that just reads a table and then prints each row on System.out.
I use the import statements:

import java.sql.*;
import sun.jdbc.rowset.*;

This all works fine in IDEA. I can see all the methods of the
CachedRowSet
class.

However when I try to run the application using Shift+F10 I get a
NullPointerException
when reference to
CachedRowSet
is encountered.

The Classpath is set in the project as:
			C:Oracle9ij2eehomelib

owset.jar

This must be OK as I can see the methods of the
CachedRowSet
class.

So what am I missing?

Nige    <<Less

Re: Problem running an application. Could it be a CLASSPATH problem?

Posted By:   Matan_Amir  
Posted On:   Sunday, June 8, 2003 12:33 AM

Hi Nigel

In general, the NullPointerException means that the class was found properly by the class loader, it just isn't initialized or was set to null.

So I think your classpath is ok and there is another issue. We can only know more if you can provide some more info about the source.

Hope that helps,

Matan
About | Sitemap | Contact