JavaMail ESMTP conflict with MS Windows 2000 SMTP relay service
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Shin
Posted On:   Thursday, March 27, 2003 11:13 AM

After look through the SMTP LOG, I noticed all of of BDAT commend fails when sending a big attachment over 1.5MB. All emails with attachment smaller than 1.5MB using standard DATA command work just fine. I have even disabled ESMTP service on the Windows 2000 SMTP service but JavaMail still trying to use ESMTP commands. What gives? My options are find the code where it makes the decision to use ESMTP commands and disable it from the application level. However, this may produce unsirable result like poor performance... Another option is to use JAMES.. It works fine but it does not have all the goodies like fault tolerant queues and logging... Just checking to see if any one might have a solution that will    More>>

After look through the SMTP LOG, I noticed all of of BDAT commend fails when sending a big attachment over 1.5MB.

All emails with attachment smaller than 1.5MB using standard DATA command work just fine.

I have even disabled ESMTP service on the Windows 2000 SMTP service but JavaMail still trying to use ESMTP commands. What gives?

My options are find the code where it makes the decision to use ESMTP commands and disable it from the application level. However, this may produce unsirable result like poor performance...
Another option is to use JAMES.. It works fine but it does not have all the goodies like fault tolerant queues and logging...

Just checking to see if any one might have a solution that will work with Win2k SMTP service.

Thanks in advance.

<<Less

Re: JavaMail ESMTP conflict with MS Windows 2000 SMTP relay service

Posted By:   John_Shin  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 27, 2003 11:21 AM

Forgot to attach my logs...

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;

nested exception is:

javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message;

nested exception is:

java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:219)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:103)

at com.rhk.service.email.EmailThread.run(EmailThread.java:46)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;

nested exception is:

javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message;

nested exception is:

java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:219)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:103)

at com.rhk.service.email.EmailThread.run(EmailThread.java:46)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

About | Sitemap | Contact