Running Tomcat on WIN2K Advanced Server
5 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Po_Kiki
Posted On:   Monday, March 24, 2003 07:50 AM

When I try to run Tomcat, it gets to the line

'Using JAVA_HOME=C:jdk'

then it stops. I am certain that I have set the JAVA_HOME enviroment variable correctly. A friend thinks that the problem might be my operating system (WIN2K Server), due to a possible port conflict ??

So, can anyone please tell me if it is possible to run TomCat on the WIN2K Advanced Server operating System. ??

Re: Running Tomcat on WIN2K Advanced Server

Posted By:   Mark_Caroline  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 15, 2003 02:04 AM

We have just setup tomcat on Win2k advanced Server, and it is running fine (tomcat 4.1.18). with this we have set up the isapi_redirect.dll v1.2.2 and all is running fine.

To avoid problems we used short directory names with no spaces of full stops (this shouldn't make a difference but we did it anyway.)

we also had to set up the environment variables for JAVA_HOME, TOMCAT_HOME and add the java bin path to the PATH variable.

Posted By:   James_Bayer  
Posted On:   Monday, March 24, 2003 09:08 AM

out of the box, tomcat will try and run on port 8080, which should not conflict of the default IIS port of 80.

i'd try launching tomcat from a dos prompt by running the bat file directly to see if you're missing an important message. it's likely something simple that's causing your problem.

Posted On:   Monday, March 24, 2003 09:05 AM

out of the box, tomcat will try and run on port 8080, which should not conflict of the default IIS port of 80.

i'd try launching tomcat from a dos prompt by running the bat file directly to see if you're missing an important message. it's likely something simple that's causing your problem.

Posted On:   Monday, March 24, 2003 09:05 AM

Posted On:   Monday, March 24, 2003 09:01 AM

About | Sitemap | Contact