dcsimg
about Display.setCurrent(Displayable) of J2ME.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jisha_John
Posted On:   Monday, March 17, 2003 10:29 PM

Hello, I have got a doubt regarding the setCurrent() method. I am using the setCurrent() method under one of the commands(say editCommand) in the commandAction() method of the commandlistener. This commandListener is implemented by the Mildet A. Now, i am calling a method,(say meth()), of class B from one another command(say updateCommand) of the commandAction in A. This class B is not a midlet, but has a reference to the midlet object of A. In the meth(), i am using the setCurrent() again. My question is, the second setCurrent is not shown in the screen. why ? ************************************************************ below is the sample code: public class A   More>>

Hello,

I have got a doubt regarding the setCurrent() method.

I am using the setCurrent() method under one of the commands(say editCommand) in the commandAction() method of the commandlistener. This commandListener is implemented by the Mildet A.

Now, i am calling a method,(say meth()), of class B from one another command(say updateCommand) of the commandAction in A. This class B is not a midlet, but has a reference to the midlet object of A. In the meth(), i am using the setCurrent() again.

My question is, the second setCurrent is not shown in the screen. why ?

below is the sample code:

public class A extends MIDlet implements CommandListener

{

public void commandAction(Command c, Displayable d)

{

if (c == editCommand)

{

Form aForm = new Form("aForm");

aForm.append("Form in A");

Display.getDisplay(this).setCurrent(aForm);

}

if(c == updateCommand)

{

B bObject = new B(this);

bObject.meth();

}