dcsimg
A result set daubt
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sabu_vs
Posted On:   Thursday, March 13, 2003 09:13 PM

Hi from an article I read that the result set may not hold the whole result of select query. The artcle folllows The ResultSet holds some amount of data in a local memory cache. The cache may contain the complete set of results or a partial set. If the cache is partial, the ResultSet will automatically requery the database for the next set of data when you ask for it (by iterating to the next row). This process happens transparently. consider this case. The result set only cached 10 records out of 100. I issued a last() and then getRow() method of result set. I want to know what count will I get 10 or 100? thanks sabu   More>>

Hi

from an article I read that the result set may not hold the whole result of select query. The artcle folllows

The ResultSet holds some amount of data in a local memory cache. The cache may contain the complete set of results or a partial set. If the cache is partial, the ResultSet will automatically requery the database for the next set of data when you ask for it (by iterating to the next row). This process happens transparently.

consider this case. The result set only cached 10 records out of 100. I issued a last() and then getRow() method of result set.

I want to know what count will I get 10 or 100?

thanks

sabu

<<Less

Re: A result set daubt

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Friday, March 14, 2003 06:37 AM

About | Sitemap | Contact