dcsimg
Advantages in using JNDI
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, February 24, 2003 01:10 AM

Hi, everybody. In my web application, I create a ConnectionPoolDataSource object and I set the parameters of my database in its attributes. Then, I've made a static method that returns, each time it's called, a new handle (Connection), by calling the PooledConnection.getConnection() method. In my web application, I create a ConnectionPoolDataSource object and I set the parameters of my database in its attributes. Then, I've made a static method that returns, each time it's called, a new handle (Connection), by calling the PooledConnection.getConnection() method. Each time I need a connection, I call the getConnection() static method, I use the connection and the   More>>

Hi, everybody.

In my web application, I create a ConnectionPoolDataSource object and I set the parameters of my database in its attributes.

Then, I've made a static method that returns, each time it's called, a new handle (Connection), by calling the PooledConnection.getConnection() method.

In my web application, I create a ConnectionPoolDataSource object and I set the parameters of my database in its attributes.

Then, I've made a static method that returns, each time it's called, a new handle (Connection), by calling the PooledConnection.getConnection() method.

Each time I need a connection, I call the getConnection() static method, I use the connection and then I close it.

The question is very simple...

Which advantages would I get if I used the JNDI service, instead of defining the DataSource as I described?

Any kind of help will be very appreciated!!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact